Saturday, March 18, 2006

The day the modem died, and i was singing......

Lame title, but true, for the last two weeks or so my beloved internet connection was gone.

Many a night was spent frantically trying to get the computer to find the modem, but to no avail.

Then today martins brother came over, sat down, picked up the modem AND...

pressed the reset button,

connection regained,

I mean for gods sake who knows that a modem has a reset button!!!!! we'll obviously not martin or I.

but all good now.

So my finger is better, the connection is connected and i am back on the blog wagon.

Well my big news is that im getting married on the 27th of March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a small one until my proper one, with dress, cake etc on 27th March next year in NZ.

So I will now be known as Lisa Lang!

have been practicing new signature but its really hard with two L's at the start.
Am going shopping on monday for new dress and shoes, am quite excited.

its just going to be with martins family, then my family in nz.

another great thing about my week was that i had my first family visit (hopefuly the first of many) my cousin Penny and her boy Mark came to stay for two nights. it was great, first night Penny and i chopped through 4 bottles of wine! but was great talking kiwi again. martin and mark kept themselves entertained on the x-box playing the all blacks on the rugby game.

still no luck in the weather here, still bloody snowing!! but you can buy dafodils in town, so kinda feels springy, but i guess the flowers come from italy of somewhere where there is actually heat.

am planning to come to london with martin for a couple of nights in a couple of weeks, so anyone who's in London, i cant wait to catch up.

Also if anyone can think of any nice wedding venues in chch, please let me know, have to book soon!

anyway must go finish my wine and look at my new bride magazine! the first one i have purchased with an actual reason to!!

love to everyone and i hope you are all well,

love LL xxx

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Cows said...

Lisa Lang? Crazy! And that's in 7 days! Wowzers...
Good luck! Hey was studiously reading the Lonely Planet Europe esp Austria – can I stay a week? WAs thinking 2 nights in Vienna or so, then perhaps hang in Graz. Fancy a mission to Salzburg? I'm so intruiged.
Anyhoo I pay off flight this week so I'll keep you posted. Let me know your availabilty etc ie will you be at school late Aug?
Siobhan

4:06 am  
Blogger Kiwi Cows said...

Hey also – are you wearing that arm thing to your wedding? Not a good look really!
I read there was a Kruder and Dorfmeister club in Vienna - any idea where it would be?
Sx

8:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home